Welcome! We are so excited that you actually came to this page! "We" are the Michigan Association of REALTORS® (MAR). Our lawyers made us include this page and use a precious button on our home page to get you here. This is really important stuff, so be a smart net head and read it all. It could prevent you from hearing from our lawyers, or worse yet, from really nasty people, like prosecutors.
Here's the deal:
We run this site so people like you (and people you like) can use it for personal entertainment, information, education and communication. So go ahead and browse around as much as you like. You may download material displayed on the site for non-commercial, personal use only, but be sure to keep all the copyright and other notices contained on the materials. Don't even think about distributing, modifying, transmitting, reusing, re-posting or using the contents of the site, including the text, audio, video and graphics, for public or commercial purposes unless you get our written permission first. And, it is not likely that you will get permission. However, if you are legally allowed to sell or lease real property or businesses in your state or country, you can do some things that most other people can't (see # 10 below).
If you visit our site, you are legally obligated to accept the terms and conditions listed below ("Terms and Conditions") and any other law or regulation that applies to the site, the Internet, the World Wide Web or Michigan (USA) law. You shouldn't access or browse the site if you have any problem with that, because once you start, there is no turning back - you are bound by the Terms and Conditions.
The Terms and Conditions for browsing and accessing this site are as follows:
1 . Copyright. You should assume that everything you see or read on the Site is copyrighted unless otherwise noted and must not be used except as provided in these Terms and Conditions or in the text on the site unless you first obtain our written permission. We do not warrant or represent that your use of materials displayed on the site will not infringe rights of third parties not owned by or affiliated with us.
2. Accuracy of Information. While we use reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information on the site, we make no warranties or representations as to its accuracy. We assume no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content on the site. We aren't promising you anything except entertainment, so if you use stuff on this site, you are using it at your own risk.
3. Liability and Warranty Disclaimer. You use and browsing of the site is at your risk -- neither we nor anybody else who helped us create, produce or deliver the site is liable for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect or punitive damages arising out of your access to or use of the site. Without limiting the foregoing, everything on the site is provided to you "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. Please note that some jurisdictions may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so some of the above exclusions may not apply to you. Check your local laws for any restrictions or limitations regarding the exclusion of implied warranties. We also assume no responsibility, and will not be liable for, any damages to or viruses that may infect your computer equipment or other property on account of your access to, use of or browsing in the site or your downloading of any materials, data, text, images, video or audio from the site.
4. Lack of Privacy. If you don't want the world to know something, don't post it on the site in any bulletin board or anyplace else. That's because anything you disclose to us can be disclosed to the world. Any communication or material you transmit to the site by electronic mail or otherwise, including any data, questions, comments, suggestions or the like is and will be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary. Anything you transmit or post may be used by us or our affiliates for any purpose, including but not limited to reproduction, disclosure, transmission, publication, broadcast and posting. Plus, we are free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques contained in any communication you send to the site for any purpose whatsoever, including, but not limited to, developing, manufacturing and marketing products and services using such information.
5. Pictures. Images of people or places displayed on the site belong to either us or someone else who has given us permission to use them. Neither you nor any persons authorized by you are permitted to use these images unless specifically permitted by these Terms and Conditions or specifically permitted elsewhere on the site. Any unauthorized use of the images may violate copyright laws, trademark laws, the laws of privacy and publicity and communications regulations and statutes and can result in you being sued or prosecuted.
6. Trademarks. The trademarks, logos and service marks (collectively the "Trademarks") displayed on the site, including, but not limited to, Michigan Living Network, The Living Network and Realtor are registered and unregistered Trademarks belonging to us and others. Nothing contained on the site gives you any license or right to use any Trademark displayed on the site without prior written permission of the Trademark owner. You are strictly prohibited from misusing the Trademarks displayed on the site, as well as any other contents of the site. You are also advised that we will aggressively enforce our rights by suing and/or seeking criminal prosecution of violators.
7. Links. We have not reviewed all of the sites linked to this site and is not responsible for the contents of any off-site pages or any other sites linked to this site. If you link to any other off-site pages or other sites, you do so at your own risk.
8. Postings. Although we may from time to time monitor or review discussions, chats, postings, transmissions, bulletin boards and the like on the site, we are under no obligation to do so and assume no responsibility or liability arising from the content of any such locations nor for any error. defamation, libel, slander, omission, falsehood, obscenity, pornography, profanity, danger or inaccuracy contained in any information within such locations on the site. You are prohibited from posting or transmitting any unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic or profane material or any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any law. While we respect your privacy, we will fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity of anyone posting any such information or materials.
9. Revisions. We may at any time revise these Terms and Conditions by updating this posting. You are bound by any such revisions and should therefore periodically visit this page to review the then current Terms and Conditions to which you are bound.
10. Real Estate Brokers. If you are legally allowed to sell or lease real property or businesses in your state or country, you may download, transmit and distribute property ads and the web pages of Realtors and real estate firms for the sole purpose of introducing a potential buyer of the property or business. You are not permitted to modify, re-use, re-post or otherwise use the contents of such ads and pages. Of course, if you have a web page on this site, you may download, transmit and distribute your page for business purposes.
Copyright © 2001- Michigan Association of Realtors®. All rights reserved.